SAY YOU'LL BE THERE


“Say you’ll be there” was what I was feeling this time last year. The Spice Girls were nearly done with their Spice World 2019 tour, with only a few dates left. I had recently gotten inheritance money from my dad’s passing and was battling with myself if I should book a plane ticket to England and make it to one of the concerts before the tour ends. In early May, I had run to the post office on a Saturday and applied for my passport and had it rushed. When I received it in the mail I still had just a little bit of time left to still make it to one of the shows. I was hesitant to book any type of ticket in fear that the passport would not arrive in time and all the money would have been wasted. I was fortunate enough to have seen them twice, as a 5 piece back in 2008, on The Return of The Spice Girls Tour. Like with any group, I was worried that this would be their last time. The passport arrived just in the nick of time to where I could immediately book a flight and a ticket to one of the last shows. My passport picture had made my face look round and my hair red for some weird reason!

              My travel time to England alone would have been about 23 hours, and then a few more hours via train to one of the stadiums. On the first date of the Wembley Stadium concerts, Geri/Ginger had posted 3 pictures to her Instagram of her praying, kneeling on a bed, wearing her 2019 union jack dress, asking for strength(because she had never performed at Wembley with the girls). This was a major decision that I would have turned to my dad for advice. I was also considering buying a brand-new car, out of pocket, right around this time. If I were to fly to England I could have only stayed maybe 3 days at the max. I ultimately made the decision not to go. It was with the help of those pictures from Ginger Spice that I decided to buy a brand-new car, out of pocket, not owing a penny on it, and the influence behind my red hair
              The 4 Spice Girls have been posting a lot of behind the scenes and throwbacks from a year ago these past two months, so it’s just had me thinking about my own behind the scenes. Luckily a lot of fans have made their own multi-angle videos that I have watched, even sometimes while drinking a beer. I can tell you that I would have loved this tour, more than the tour I had gone to twice. Never Give Up On the Good Times, Love Thing, Good Bye(one of my top 5), Spice Up Your Life and Who Do You Think You Are, would have been my favs. The two Melanie’s(Mel C & Mel B), have mentioned a tour for 2021. If they do, no matter where it is, you bet your sweet ass "I’ll be there"!

Comments